Light Has Come to the WorldDec 07, 2022
Blog by Gem Fadling
Today’s message is short and, oh, so very sweet. Enjoy the beatitudes from Matthew 5:3-10 (First Nations Version).
- Creator’s blessing rests on the poor, the ones with broken spirits. The good road from above is theirs to walk.
- Creator’s blessing rests on the ones who walk a Trail of Tears, for he will wipe the tears from their eyes and comfort them.
- Creator’s blessing rests on the ones who walk softly and in a humble manner. The earth, land, and sky will welcome them and always be their home.
- Creator’s blessing rests on the ones who hunger and thirst for wrongs to be made right again. They will eat and drink until they are full.
- Creator’s blessing rests on the ones who are merciful and kind to others. Their kindness will find its way back to them--full circle.
- Creator’s blessing rests on the pure of heart. They are the ones who will see the great spirit.
- Creator’s blessing rests on the ones who make peace. It will be said of them, ‘They are the children of the great spirit!’
- Creator’s blessing rests on the ones who are hunted down and mistreated for doing what is right, for they are walking the good road from above.
Do any of these describe you?
- Broken spirit
- Walking a trail of tears
- Walking softly and in a humble manner
- Hunger and thirst for wrongs to be made right again
- Merciful and kind to others
- Pure of heart
- Maker of peace
- Mistreated for doing what is right
If so, remember that you are known and seen by our loving Creator. This Christmas season, allow yourself to be held in God’s loving arms.
Allow gracious space for brokenness and tears. Continue to walk humbly and to thirst. Remain merciful and pure. Make peace with others and persevere under hardship.
This is a real-life perspective, and it’s good to acknowledge what is happening and to receive from God in the midst.
Seek peace, pursue goodness and don’t give up. Light has come to the world. Receive the gift.
Photo from IVPress