Receive the wisdom, skills, and tools you need to lead, coach and mentor
…soulfully and sustainably.
Confidently lead and coach people without burning out in the process.
Are you ready to stop leading from an ever-emptying cup?
Deepen your core values and refresh your spiritual leadership toolkit.
Become a leader who cares for souls—beginning with your own.
You want to engage your leadership with more intention & presence, but:
You can’t find a mentor to help guide the way
You don’t have the skills to lead formationally
You feel distracted by all your current demands
Maybe you even know you need to prioritize the care of your own soul, but:
You're feeling unfocused or overwhelmed
You don't believe you have the time to devote to these practices
You don’t yet see the connection between your soul and your leadership
You know you could be leading with more focus and heart...
But you don’t know where to begin.
You know you could be leading from overflow...
But you’re feeling stuck, overwhelmed, and distracted by all the options.
- Gain a refreshed vision of true spiritual leadership
- Learn the dynamics of healthy community
- Grow your spiritual practices toolbox
- Coach others with the heart of a spiritual director
- Plan events from a focused and contemplative heart
- Practice the lost art of reflection & discernment
Move at the pace of grace
Grow at the pace of transformation
Lead at the pace of Jesus
This is a holistic training that begins within your own walk with God and unfolds into what you do and how you do it.
What makes us different is that we combine your own Christian spiritual formation with how you relate to others, and how you lead individuals and groups.
We practice everything together so you receive the support and feedback you desire.SIGN ME UP
By the end of this process, you'll be able to:
- Practice the patterns of an unhurried leader
- Lead and teach for transformation, not merely information
- Be more coach-like with individuals and small groups
- Embody presence and holy listening
- Notice, discern and respond to your own thoughts & feelings
- Craft and ask powerful, formational questions
- Foster spiritual hospitality
- Prepare yourself to lead spiritually
- Craft a transformative 1- to 4-day retreat for others
- Foster humility as a leadership essential
- Develop relational, spiritual, and formational leadership meetings
- And more…
Five in-person retreats
Located at a beautiful retreat center in Malibu, CA or a historic monastery in Oceanside, CA. Lodging and meals are included.
Four Zoom Gatherings
We'll build community and follow up on final project.
Alan & Gem Fadling
You will learn how to facilitate processes for groups of any size. Not only what to do, but how to be.
- Learning in community
- Spiritual practices
- Soul care coaching
- Spiritual leadership
- Contemplative planning
- Reflection and discernment
September Zoom (9/5/23, 4:00pm Pacific Time)
October 16-19 Retreat
February 19-22 Retreat
June 17-20 Retreat
October 14-17 Retreat
February 24-27 Retreat
March Zoom TBD
April Zoom TBD
May Zoom TBD
Additional fees and investment:
- One-time $50 non-refundable registration fee to apply.
- Six months receiving spiritual direction with a Christian spiritual director of your choice (pricing varies).
- Books and other resources.
Your Soul Care Coaches & Spiritual Leadership Mentors
We’re both faced with the same challenges as you. We’ve often felt trapped by the overwhelming pace of the culture that surrounds us. We’ve struggled with anxiety in the face of what sometimes feels like a never-ending to do list.
Thankfully, over the years we’ve learned by experience that living an unhurried life is possible and that it bears better fruit than hurry ever has.
Caring well for our own souls, in relationship with God, has led to greater peace, more presence and an enriched focus on our growing spiritual influence. We want to share with you the wisdom we’ve learned.
We are both trained Spiritual Directors. Gem is a certified Life Coach. Alan has an MDiv. We both have more than 30 years of experience in the spiritual formation stream.
In 2016, we founded Unhurried Living, where we train Christian leaders to rest deeper, live fuller and lead better. We both host podcasts (Alan hosts The Unhurried Living Podcast. Gem hosts I Can Do That!).
Between us, we’ve written five books published by InterVarsity Press which will serve as the training library for PACE.
We hope to have you join us for this 21-month life-changing experience.
Wouldn’t it be encouraging to live and lead more at the unhurried pace of Jesus?
Wouldn’t it make a difference to grow in his peaceful, joyful, compassionate way of relating to his work and to others?
Whether caring for the souls of others is a major part of your actual work, or you want to deepen your experience of caring for the souls of others in your everyday life, PACE is for you.
I'M READY FOR THIS!
PACE is perfect for you if...
- You want to engage in life-giving spiritual practices that help you grow in your relationship with God.
- You want to grow in spiritual leadership perspectives and skills.
- You are tired of being overwhelmed and you want to cultivate healthy rhythms of life and leadership.
- You are hungry to be part of a community of like-hearted men and women.
THE TIME IS NOW.
Unhurried doesn’t mean we don’t take action.
Don’t let more time pass before you begin to prioritize your own soul care and learn how to lead in the care of others’ souls.
It’s time to step off the treadmill, to stop succumbing to the time urgency of our culture, and to make the important decision to learn to live from the inside out.
Learn the gracious pace of Christ and how to guide others into this life-giving way.
Let us walk alongside you as you learn to live and lead in the fruitfully unhurried way of Jesus.