Podcast 136: Attachment and Attunement: Finding Homebase in the Heart of God (Gem with Rev. Summer Gross)Aug 17, 2020
Summer is another beautiful soul that Gem has met on Instagram. Last year Gem and Summer had the treat of meeting each other in person at a conference in the Midwest. Summer is a caring and wise listener and teacher and we can’t wait for you to learn from her today.
Summer is an Anglican priest, spiritual director, homeschool mom of three, and still madly in love with her high school sweetheart. She comes alive listening to people’s hard and holy stories and setting the table for them to spend time in the Presence of God. Her mission? Sharing tools to help people go from anxious to resting in God.
Neuroscience, attachment and spiritual practices – this is where we’re headed today on the Unhurried Living Podcast.
Links to the books and resources Summer mentions in this episode:
- Try Softer: A Fresh Approach to Move Us out of Anxiety, Stress, and Survival Mode--and into a Life of Connection and Joy by Aundi Kolber
- Widen the Window: Training Your Brain and Body to Thrive During Stress and Recover from Trauma Hardcover by Elizabeth A. Stanley PhD
- The Pocket Guide to the Polyvagal Theory: The Transformative Power of Feeling Safe by Dr. Stephen W. Porges
- Anatomy of a Soul: Surprising Connections between Neuroscience and Spiritual Practices That Can Transform Your Life and Relationships by Dr. Curt Thompson
- Mindsight: The New Science of Personal Transformation by Dr. Daniel Siegel
- Every Breath We Take: Living in the Presence, Love, and Generosity of God by Dr. Terry Wardle
- Joyful Journey: Listening to Immanuel by Dr. E. James Wilder III, Ms. Anna Kang, Dr. John Loppnow, and Dr. Sungshim Loppnow
- PDF for Immanuel Journaling by Summer Joy Gross
Connect with Summer:
- Her website http://athirstforgod.com/
- InstaGram @revsummerjoy
- Facebook @SummerGross and @ThePresenceProject